Headshots are an essential part of your business. They’re the first thing people see when they Google you. And they can be the deciding factor in whether or not someone hires you for their next project. But what if your current headshot doesn’t look like you? What if it’s outdated? What if it was taken from a group photo that you cropped? Well, then you probably need a new headshot.
And we have just the solution for you. We provide professional guidance on how to take a great headshot using only your smartphone camera. Then we combine that with our retouching services to make sure that your new headshot photo is perfect. Because we know how important this is, our service is affordable and accessible. And our world-class editors will have your edited photo back to you within 3 business days.
5 Reasons a Professional Headshot Matters
- A quality headshot demonstrates your professionalism. Alternatively, a sloppy photo can indicate that you lack professionalism and attention to detail. While you may not care about appearances, those who see your photo will get the impression that you don’t care period. Not what employers and customers are looking for!
- Your professional headshot gives people an idea of who you are before they meet you. Your headshot can show your personality while also demonstrating that you are serious about what you do. However, you can always showcase your unique personality with headshots that are just the right amount of quirky.
- A current headshot lets people see what you look like, at your best. You can be recognizable but at your most put-together. And that’s the image of yourself you want people to come across most often! You can ensure you’ve chosen an outfit that makes you look great and stand out.
- Your professional headshot can help with networking. That’s because it has the power to jog the memory of contacts met in passing. When you use a great headshot on your email icon or your LinkedIn page, it can help you more readily secure opportunities. Help your contacts put a face with the name with a standout professional headshot.
- A quality headshot can help you build your brand. You can tell a story with your headshot that will help employers or customers connect to you and your business. You want to make sure your photo is telling the right story!
So now you understand that professional headshots are paramount. Next, let’s explore why you probably need a NEW headshot.
5 Reasons You Need a NEW Headshot
- Your headshot is over 5 years old… or a better metric might be, do you look like your current photo, even if it’s only a year or two old? While it can be tempting to hold on to older photos, it’s a bad idea. If you look nothing like your photo it may give your clients the feeling that you are not completely straightforward and candid. In fact, when someone has seen an old image of you, they can be taken off guard upon actually meeting you in person. This can create a disconnect– even if subconsciously– and even send a message of inauthenticity.
- You have a glazed, deer in the headlights look. Plenty of people do not enjoy having their pictures taken, so don’t worry if that includes you! If you hate having your portrait taken, you may be stuck with a photo that has you looking less than calm and collected. But you deserve better! With Heroic Headshots, you take your photo yourself or with a friend or family member. No more awkward posing! We’ll guide you through expression and poses so you can take a great photo.
- Your headshot doesn’t match your job or your brand. Headshots are not a “one size fits all” product! Rather, headshots give your potential clients signals about what to expect if they do business with you. If you were a high-powered corporate lawyer, but now you have opened up a yoga studio, your old headshot is unlikely to send the right message and vibe. A professional headshot should complement you, your brand, and your industry.
- You’ve lost the high-resolution version of your headshot and only have a web-sized version, or it was low-quality to start with. Sometimes we love images of ourselves that are a little too dark or a little too light, or even a little blurry. However, a low-resolution image will look pixelated and terrible. With high-powered cameras on smartphones, you can take a great photo with just a bit of coaching (it’s all about lighting!). And our professional editors will retouch the photo to make sure you look great.
- You just don’t love your headshot. Or even worse – you don’t have one! Maybe a headshot is low on your priority list and you’ve made your peace with a photo that you don’t love. We think this is just plain wrong! You absolutely deserve and need a new headshot that makes you feel happy and proud and that serves you and your business.
In this day and age, everyone needs a professional headshot, even college students! A great professional headshot can help you land jobs, promote your brand, and make connections. You can use it on your website, for business cards, and on all of your social media sites like LinkedIn.
Headshots are important because they show people who you are and what you do. They represent how serious of a person or company you are when it comes to your work. A good headshot will also give potential customers confidence in working with someone they have never met before. Which is why we offer easy, high-quality photos at such an affordable price! Our team of experienced photographers knows exactly what makes a great shot and will share insider tips so YOU can take an amazing photo yourself.
It will only take a few minutes to get started, and it will give your career a boost. Don’t wait any longer – get started now! Click here for more information about Heroic Headshots and sign up for our guide, “7 Qualities of a Winning Headshot: Attract The Client or Job of Your Dreams.”